Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Life Talk!

Understand China, know China

dpfdpl

dpfdpl

China

Hello!friends!

I am from China. 

Everybody knows that 2008 Olympic Games will be held in China's capital Beijing.Everybody knows My motherland has the glorious history and the ancient culture. 

However it is not many people knows China's reform and open policy has obtained remarkable achievement , it is not many people knows China still have tens of thousands of poverty-stricken people's , it is not all people knew that China just had experienced snow and ice disaster which 50 years do not meet .

Do you want to understand China , friends!  I aslo want to understand your country.

Let us know mutually !

03:45 AM Feb 13 2008 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

gaetano39

gaetano39

Canada

I am living in Nanjing, China. I am from Canada. China did not experience a snow disaster. If this is a snow disaster then Toronto Canada gets a snow disaster several times a week in the winter time.

This was not a big snowfall. The most snowfall any part of China received in one day was 4-6 cm.

Toronto has already had 10 days of snowfall exceeding that and there was no disaster.

What was a disaster was how the snow was handled

No salt or sand was used on any of the roads!!

No wonder the streets were skating rinks!

Dont blame mother nature.

They should hire someone from Canada to deal with this

gaetano

04:09 AM Feb 13 2008 |

yifan19880427

Germany

What was a disaster was how the snow was handled

When facing the snow disaster what do you do

04:56 AM Feb 13 2008 |