Learn English with English, baby!

Join for FREE!

Social_nav_masthead_logged_in

English Forums

Use our English forums to learn English. The message boards are great for English questions and English answers. The more you contribute, the more all members can practice English!

:  

Ask Ebaby! Teachers Go Super!

meanig of the expression "super digital "

Ewa85

Poland

Hi, I don’t understend good the meaning of  the sentence from the lesson “Blow one’s mind” :

“are your friends all good with, just, super digital…” What does “super digital” mean here?

Best regards

Ewa

08:59 AM Aug 09 2016 |

The iTEP® test

• Schedule an iTEP® test and take the official English Practice Test.

Take Now >

Teacher AmySuper Member!

United States

Hi Ewa,

This is a good question!

Here’s the original dialog from “Digital Detox”-

Gary:  OK. Do you know anyone else who can offer some cool ideas, or are your friends all good with, just, super digital…
Dominique:  My friends are all online.

There’s a word missing at the end of Gary’s question. Dominique started talking before he finished speaking. Maybe Gary wanted to say “super digital lives.” In this phrase, “super” means “very.” 

Because Gary was talking with someone he knows well, Gary used a lot of slang. In regular English, the phrase “are your friends all good with, just, super digital…” is “are your friends comfortable with very digital (lives)?” Meaning, do your friends spend all their time on computers, and do they think it’s okay to live that way?

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,

Amy

04:54 PM Aug 09 2016 |